Thursday, October 16, 2008

Where to begin???

I decided to join the blogging community because I have so many things to say, discuss, vent, and so few people with whom I honestly feel have the time to listen... So, with that said, shall we start???

My husband and I opened a business a little over a year ago... for those of you dreaming of doing so, GOOD LUCK!! It has got to be one of my biggest regrets thus far... sorry for any discouragement... However, to shine hope on the dreams of future small business owners, we had no idea what we were doing!! In fact, I'm not sure that we do even now. We opened a day spa and salon... I'm not a cosmetologist or therapist of any sort and my husband has worked in the automotive industry for the past 10 years... What were we thinking??!!

I know what I was thinking... I was thinking this would give my husband the opportunity to leave the automotive industry and allow for more quality time at home with the family. I was also, like many aspiring small business owners, looking forward to working for myself. And of course, I was hoping it would make us lots of money :) So far, NONE of that has happened!!! We've spent savings after savings and minute after minute on this business. I've discovered that I hate working for myself; I'm a terrible boss!! I've also discovered that no one else likes working for me either....

No comments: