Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Rough Day!!!!!!

You know it's gonna be a hard day when one of your staff tells you she thinks you "care more about making money then the people who work for you." Seriously!!!! OUCH!!!!!!! So what do you say to that???? I was at a loss for words... Then, she went on to say she wasn't the only one who feels this way... Double OUCH!!!!!

My goodness... tell me how you really feel!!!!! Well, lets just say I wanted to cry. If you only knew how hard I try to make the lives of my staff easier... Plus, if we don't make any money these girls won't have a job... how's that for caring??

So, what did I do?? Well I waited awhile and let her finish the appointment I booked her that she didn't want to do (the reason "I don't care"... I was giving her work) and we talked... We worked it out... It was a bit painful, listening to her criticize me and my methods. Clearly I'm not the best boss out there, but I'm learning :) Guess it's just part of it...

So, once again let's play the game "Where I WAS and where I am NOW" 1 yr ago, this would have destroyed me!! I WOULD have started crying, sobing, and completely let this ruin my day... NOW, I take it and learn from it!! What do I need to do to change the situation and turn it around for the better??? After our discussion, it is clear she doesn't really feel this way... she was just MAD!!!! I can understand that... I've said mean things out of spite and anger :) What I realized is that I have to change the way I do some things... basically, I have to get a "backbone" and be a BOSS!!! This will probably not be easy, but it's gotta be done :) JOY JOY... Tough love people!!!! TOUGH LOVE!!!! Of course, the one thing that has been holding me back from being this "BOSS" has been satan... FEAR... which we know is not of GOD... only of satan...

I'm needing prayer people!!! Lot's of prayer!!!!!!!! Pass on the word, PLEASE!!!!

Lots of LOVE...even if it's TOUGH...

Katie

3 comments:

Jen and Jared said...

Ok girl... I hate that you had to deal with that today. And way to go with how you handled it! I will be praying for you and I'll pass the word along. I love you girl!

Jen

Jill said...

I don't know why, but I overlooked your updates to your blog...my blog list is getting way too long. I try to keep up, daily, but obviously, I haven't done a good job! I'm happy to hear that you had a meeting with your staff and that it went well. I've never liked being the boss (except with Alex...ha!) so I feel your pain.

Even though I haven't noticed your updates, I am always praying! Good to read what's new though. :)

How are you feeling physically, in regards to your pregnancy??

((HUGS))

prashant said...

Glad to see things seem to be turning around with the salon! Love you!!!!

Work from home India