Monday, January 12, 2009

Perseverance!!!!

Attempting to create my blog has been a reminder of a larger task (trial) present in my life... Though I don't need to be reminded of its relentless presence, it speaks for itself :) My business, High Maintenance Day Spa and Salon, has been and remains to be a complicated adventure... Unfortunately, I have often been a person to walk-away from things when the going gets rough. That is why I am so excited to have completed this blog layout!! I'm not much of a computer person, but with a little instruction from Jen and a lot of trial and error, I did it... Much like with this layout, there are moments with the spa that I want to quit and "give up"... BUT!!!! God is working on Me... He is working in ME... the GREAT things is it is REALLY WORKING!!!! The Bible tells us that we are to be greatful for the trials that we face... "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4
This is where I am... in the middle of a trial... pressing through with GOD by my side!!!! When I reach the other side of this mountain and I have persevered the storm I will be rewarded!!! "Blessed is the man who peseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." James 1:12

This seemingly small task I have completed, the layout, represents so much more to me that an artsy creation on the computer... It is a demonstration of where I was in the past, one to quit, and where God has taken me!!! Though it hasn't been fun I AM greatful for this trial and I will keep pressing on!!!

Love to all

3 comments:

Jill said...

Great post, girl.

You can do it! :)

Jen and Jared said...

The great thing is that God gives us friends who will help us get over any mountain that we face - and I'm so happy I played a little role in getting your blog up and going! It is super cute by the way and I'm so happy you are blogging now too! If you need any help with anything else, you better let me know.

When do you want to hang out this week?

Jen

Jill said...

Hey girl,

Just stopping by to say hello.

Praying all is well with you guys!

((HUGS))