Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Who are we to CHOOSE??????

I'm BACK!!! So, how is everyone out there in "blog land"??? Things have been pretty good here, thanks for asking :) So, many of you know I own a day spa/ salon... which seems to be what I spend most of my time thinking about these days... Like I mentioned in previous blogs, this business venture has been both a blessing and a struggle. To be honest, it's hard owning a business sometimes!!! But, I know there is a HUGE reason I am in the position I find myself... God has a plan for me and He reveals it piece by piece, day by day!!! God has given me some huge opportunities to witness and shine for Him at High Maintenance... ALL of the individuals who work for me come from "CRAZY" backgrounds!! Each one has her own story, most which would break your heart. I know God has placed me here to share with them, to show them a piece of His Mercy, to be kind to them, to LOVE them!!! This past week my Sunday School teacher, or Small Group Leader if you prefer :), issued a challenge to us: "I encourage you to look around your life this week and see who God has maybe allowed to be a part of your life so you can be a light to them. And remember that we must be committed to the process of loving them over the long haul...don’t give up praying for them."

What a huge challenge this is for me... I can see who God has placed in my life, who needs prayer, who needs mercy, love, kindness... that's the easy part!!! Seeing them as "valuable people" and not as projects is where it gets difficult... AND loving them and not giving up on them whenever I want to just ring their neck...!! With so many "valuable people" here at the spa alone, not to mention others I meet during other parts of my life; I find myself trying to CHOOSE who I want to "deal" with and who I don't. Anyone else know what I'm talking about??? So, I'm asking for your prayers!!!! "Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me." Psalm 51:12

What a challenge we have before us!!!

Much Love - Katie

2 comments:

Jen and Jared said...

Glad you are back girl! What a great challenge... one that has to be taken very seriously. I know God will show you who and what you need to deal with. Just keep an open heart! :) I'll be praying for you! :) I love you girl!

Jen

Jill said...

Welcome back, sweet girl!

I know where you are coming from. I struggle sometimes on starting new friendships because I feel like I have a limited amount of time. If I'm going to be friends with someone, I want to invest in that person. God quickly reminds me that it's not about ME and MY time. Thank goodness, He made time to die on the cross for me and my ugliness. :)

I read your post above this one...praying for you!

((HUGS))